Start a new topic
Solved

Import attatchments into ArcGIS

Hi,

I am trying to import a shapefile with attatchments into ArcGIS. When I do so, I cannot open the Hyperlink of the attatchment (field "lg_attatch") in ArcGIS. I also tried to import the Layer first into QGIS (where I could open the attatchment-Hyperlinks), and afterwards export it into a shapefile or geopackage. But when I import the shapefile/geopackage into ArcGIS, I still cannot open the Hyperlink. Do you have any ideas?

thanks

Leonhard

Hi Petr,

ok, thanks for the info. Yes, maybe you could do that later!

regards

Leonhard

Hi  Leonhard,

I'm sorry but there are no plans for export data to ArcGIS. Maybe that we could use later the geopackage format that has new official extension that support attachments for features. https://www.geopackage.org/extensions.html 

Thank you for understanding

Petr

Hi Petr,

ok, thank you. About the QGIS export I knew and this works fine. Would it be possible that you also write an export tool to ArcGIS including attachments? Would be great!

best regards

Leonhard

Hi Leonhard,

I'm sorry but there isn't any direct export of the LocusGIS project or layer to the ArcGIS that would support attachments. SHP format also doesn't support attachments. However LocusGIS has feature that exports LocusGIS project as QGIS project and such exported projects can display attachment sin the QGIS. Please see the article Export project to QGIS

Regards

Petr

Login or Signup to post a comment