Start a new topic
Answered

Project templates

Using project templates is a fine way for duplicating projects of same structure or distribute projects to different devices.

Regularely layers of geodata are empty in templates. Is there a way to fix some data (point/line/polygon layer) in some layers which should be available for new projects created from a template?

Best Answer

Hi,
I'm sorry that's not possible. I can suggest only workaround with predefined project. Please create a project with some data you want to use as a "template". Export project using: Menu > Projects > options of project > export project > export project. It creates a .zip archive of this "base project". 

It's needed to rename the older version (if exists) and import the "base project" Menu > projects > PLUS > import project > and select the .zip file with exported "base project"

Thanks, Petr

1 Comment

Answer

Hi,
I'm sorry that's not possible. I can suggest only workaround with predefined project. Please create a project with some data you want to use as a "template". Export project using: Menu > Projects > options of project > export project > export project. It creates a .zip archive of this "base project". 

It's needed to rename the older version (if exists) and import the "base project" Menu > projects > PLUS > import project > and select the .zip file with exported "base project"

Thanks, Petr

Login or Signup to post a comment