Start a new topic
Answered

Importing Maps

I'm not having any luck importing maps.  I've downloaded an .osm file and when I try to import it it tells me the folder is already in use and to try another.  Any help here?  I'm trying to import street maps for the state of Georgia, USA.

Thanks,

Frank

Best Answer

Hi,

I guess that you downloaded raw OSM data that aren't supported by LocusGIS.

I can suggest to download LoMaps maps form Locus Store. Please open Menu > Store > search for any LoMaps and download it. You get offline map with street level.

The premium subscribers can download maps for whole world for free the basic member only first three maps. 

Thanks, Petr

Hi Jan,

could I ask you for more info about the map, please? What's the source of your map? (where did you download it) Do you know the format, please?  

Thanks, Petr

Petr,

I downloaded it from the openstreetmap.org website and it is in the .osm format which is as far as I can tell the only choice in the export.  If this is not a good place to find maps please direct me to where or how I might be able to download street maps for an area in the state of Georgia, USA.

I also use Locus Map Pro on my phone and I'm able to download maps easily on that app, but when I try to download the street maps directly thru Locus GIS I am told that the "Selected map can't be downloaded on the map server owners request"

Thanks,

Frank

Answer

Hi,

I guess that you downloaded raw OSM data that aren't supported by LocusGIS.

I can suggest to download LoMaps maps form Locus Store. Please open Menu > Store > search for any LoMaps and download it. You get offline map with street level.

The premium subscribers can download maps for whole world for free the basic member only first three maps. 

Thanks, Petr

Petr,

Thank you, that worked well.

Login or Signup to post a comment