Start a new topic
Answered

New project creation with same layers structure

I plan to work on LocusGIS with colleagues and we would need to create at least a new project every day (one project per client visited). A project always has the same structure : predefined layers with attributes. How to automatically and easily create all the layers with their attributes each time a new project is created?

Thank you.

Best Answer

Hi,

Every project has its own folder at /LocusGIS/projects/<name_of_project>. So I'd suggest to simply create a new folder every day from your "base" project. I mean:

- create a new project, define the layers, attributes and style

- close app

- use arbitrary file manager and backup folder   /LocusGIS/projects/<your_created_project>

- every day copy this folder or it's content into new folder in /LocusGIS/projects

- start the app and rename the projects in Menu > Projects > Edit (only to manage names of the projects)

I'd like to also mention that we'll prepare the feature to create the project from XML template in the next versions. It's also possible to export layer as template and create layer from template. It's possible to do it only for particular layer at this moment and we'll prepare the same functionality also for the whole project.

Thanks, Petr

Answer

Hi,

Every project has its own folder at /LocusGIS/projects/<name_of_project>. So I'd suggest to simply create a new folder every day from your "base" project. I mean:

- create a new project, define the layers, attributes and style

- close app

- use arbitrary file manager and backup folder   /LocusGIS/projects/<your_created_project>

- every day copy this folder or it's content into new folder in /LocusGIS/projects

- start the app and rename the projects in Menu > Projects > Edit (only to manage names of the projects)

I'd like to also mention that we'll prepare the feature to create the project from XML template in the next versions. It's also possible to export layer as template and create layer from template. It's possible to do it only for particular layer at this moment and we'll prepare the same functionality also for the whole project.

Thanks, Petr

Thank you for the answer. How long will it take for this new feature to be available?

Hi,
I hope we'll release it in the next two months.

Thanks, Petr

Login or Signup to post a comment