Logs are the best way for us to find out what causes your problems with the application. Creating an error message/log varies according to the version of Android:
Devices with Android 4.2 and higher
- Open the settings of your device and make sure you can access “Developer Options”. In case that you do not see this option in the settings list, please follow the instructions here >>.
- Repeat the action in Locus that causes the crash
- Move to the above-mentioned “Developer Options” in the settings of your device
- Enable USB debugging
- Select Take Bug Report
- Wait a few minutes for the report to be created (it may take up to 15 minutes)
- the log report should appear in your notification bar. From there (or from “Developer options”), you may send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or better, upload to a Dropbox/Google Drive and share it with us (reports can be bigger than 15 MB and then they are not correctly attached to email!).
After tapping the “Take bug report” you are offered two types of report - Interactive and Full. Select Interactive.
MIUI 7 and older
install the CatLog application (available on the Google Play for free)
go to Security > Permissions > Root access > Allow root access to CatLog
go on the same way as in case of devices with Android OS older than 4.1
tap *#*#284#*#* on your phone dial
copy the bug report from your memory directory sdcard/miui/debug_log
The general solution for all Android versions
Instructions below are used for creating a detailed log but the procedure is more complicated.
Download ADB installer
Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
Continue Driver installation
launch the command line WIN+R > CMD > Enter
connect your phone with the PC via USB
repeat the error action
input adb bugreport > c:/Users/myusername/locus_log.txt in the command line
wait until the bug report is done
zip the bug report (it's huge - over 30 MBs) and send it to email@example.com