Lines and polygons are recorded in the app within a particular recording profile that can be set in the recording dialog
Recording profile is a set of parameters defining various aspects of the recording. Settings of these parameters can be accessed from:
- App settings >Recording > particular recording profile (1)
In these settings you can edit an already created profile. If you want to add a new one, go up one level in the settings hierarchy (App Settings > Recording).
Edit recording profile
- Name - insert name of the profile
- Remove this profile - deletes current profile
- Distance interval - sets distance between recorded vertex. (The slower movement, the shorter the distance should be.)
- Time interval - sets time period between recording two vertex. (The slower movement, the longer the period should be.)
- Trackpoint recording conditions - defines method of vertex recording based on distance and time intervals:
- Distance AND time - both intervals at once trigger vertex recording - smoother line but less accurate
- Distance OR time - one of the intervals triggers vertex recording - very accurate but a lot of vertex recorded
- Required GPS accuracy - sets maximum acceptable range of GPS accuracy for recording vertex
- Record only when moving - track recording is running only provided Locus Map detects movement of the device. If not, the recording is paused.
- Record when GPS is off - track recording proceeds even if the GPS signal is out, e.g. in buildings. Location is acquired by wifi and mobile networks and can be approximate only. Please note that “Accuracy” of such a recording can oscillate kilometers from your real location or such recording can be stopped due to low value in the Required accuracy parameter.
Style on map
- Track recording line style - launches a dialog with line style settings - color, mode, pattern, width etc.
- Display only part of track on map - limits number of visible vertex of actually recorded line / poly. Recommended for long or frequent routes. Too long recording (too many vertex) may slow down the display of maps.
- Displayed track part length - defines number of visible recorded vertex on map in order to secure smooth running of the app