Start a new topic
Answered

No altitude at the set point

Hello. I want to see the elevation at a set point. But that doesn't work (only a line as a failure, see screenshot). How can I see the altitude per point in the app automatically? Can somebody help me?

Best Answer
Never mind, I found out how to do it. The altitude is shown when altitude data has been downloaded for that area, and not when it hasn't. So solved it like this: 1. Create a track near to the location (record or navigate) 2. "Update elevation" for that track 3. Confirm you want to download elevation data 4. After this, altitude is shown when long pressing any location in the area Not sure if this helps the OP.

Answer
Never mind, I found out how to do it. The altitude is shown when altitude data has been downloaded for that area, and not when it hasn't. So solved it like this: 1. Create a track near to the location (record or navigate) 2. "Update elevation" for that track 3. Confirm you want to download elevation data 4. After this, altitude is shown when long pressing any location in the area Not sure if this helps the OP.
Same here, on Locus 3 Classic. In the past, when I long pressed the map to show point details, it would include the altitude. In the current version, it doesn't. Altitude is shown and recorded correctly when I record a track. The use case is to browse around the map to plan runs/hikes. I want to see the altitude to know if it's worth/viable to reach a place.

Hello,

was the point created as "My Location" or "Position averaging", please? Or how was defined the location of your point?
Thanks, Petr

Login or Signup to post a comment