Start a new topic
Solved

Projects disappear after android update

All my projects are gone after the recent android update - I don't know where to find them. Any ideas?

Thank you for the additional info. Honestly I can't explain why were data available two weeks ago and are not longer available. Locus GIS doesn't delete data. They may be deleted only by system during uninstallation. 

I'm very sorry but I think I can't help you with this situation. I'm aware that data are lost...
I'm sorry, please use your exported SHP (if possible) and please enable the backup to the Google Drive
Thank you for understanding
Petr

Hi Petr,

I have not uninstalled the app during the last 2 years. 

There is no such path: internal_memory/LocusGIS/backup/auto

No .zip files in this path:     - internal_memory/Android/data/menion.andoid.locus.gis/files/ LocusGIS/backup/auto

I have not enabled automatic backup to the cloud.

I copied shapefiles from the manual backup on Google Drive to the PC. As mentioned before, they were not complete.

Hi,
ahh that's weird. Have you uninstalled the app during mentioned last 2 weeks, please? Anyway I can suggest only following:
- check the backup folders if there are any .zip files in potential folder

- internal_memory/LocusGIS/backup/auto

- internal_memory/Android/data/menion.andoid.locus.gis/files/ LocusGIS/backup/auto
- have you enabled backup to the cloud, please?
- have you copied any project to the PC?

Thanks, Petr 

Hi Petr,

actually no, all data is gone now. I don't understand it. 2 Weeks ago it was still there. In the meantime I have not carried out any further actions. What should I do?

Hi,
I'm sorry but I'm not sure I can understand. You wrote that the former data are stored in:
> There are still data in this folder:

>- internal_memory/Android/data/menion.andoid.locus.gis/files

I can see (based on the screenshot) that the current working directory is also located in internal_memory/Android/data/menion.andoid.locus.gis/files . So can you see any data in internal_memory/Android/data/menion.andoid.locus.gis/files/LocusGIS/projects , please?

1. This is the current location. It changed automatically after the update in the moment when I opened the main directory dialoge in order to see where my projects are.

1. Would you please send me the screenshot from Menu > About app > about app (basically I'd like to know the current location of LocusGIS working directory)

1. Preferably to the to the actual LocusGis folder in order to continue working on my project. Or at least to the PC to get access to my data.

2. The .db and config.lb files are not part of the backup files.

> Is there a way to access this data? I can't copy them with total commander. 

Could I ask you where you want to copy the data? To the PC? 

> I also did some backup to the cloud, unfortunalety the last two backups where incomplete: Only the attribute table, the cpg and the attachment folder where saved, shp, shx and dbf are missing.
Important are the .db and config.lb files that defines the LocusGIS projects. Are these files available in the backup, please?

Dear Petr,

thank you for your reply. There are still data in this folder:

- internal_memory/Android/data/menion.andoid.locus.gis/files

Is there a way to access this data? I can't copy them with total commander.

I also did some backup to the cloud, unfortunalety the last two backups where incomplete: Only the attribute table, the cpg and the attachment folder where saved, shp, shx and dbf are missing.

Sincerely,

Fabian

I'm sorry for this situation. Locus GIS stores all data in one of the following folder:

- internal_memory/LocusGIS

- internal_memory/Android/data/menion.andoid.locus.gis/files

- external_sdcard/Android/data/menion.andoid.locus.gis/files

Please use for example Solid explorer app or Total Commander android app and check if there are any data in these folders. LocusGIS also allows saving backups to the cloud, do you know if it has been enabled please?

Thanks, Petr

Login or Signup to post a comment