Start a new topic
Planned

Custom symbols

Hello, a custom symbolization would be still awesome.

"For example a triangle, a rectangle, and a cross would be nice to choose from, besides the circle. If we have more point layers at the same time within a project, it becomes hard to identify, which point belongs to wich layer, even with different size and color."

http://discuss.locusgis.com/t/customizable-symbolization/86

Thank you guys!

4 people like this idea

Dear Gabor,

thank you for moving the idea on this forum. Such feature it's definitely planned. 

Regards, Petr

1 person likes this
Nice Idea. But the next logical step should be the ability to change the symbology of one layer based upon their certain Attributes. Like: Different species of trees (attribute "1") get a different color in the map. Btw, best mapping App on the Market, i'm on my way to spread it in my company (forestry/Germany). It's exactly the App i've searched/wanted all the time.

2 people like this

I agree. We'd like to support both - custom symbol but also custom color based on attribute value as you suggested. I think that we could focus on it during Q2 2020. 

BTW: thank you , I'm glad that you're satisfied with Locus GIS

1 person likes this

I was going to suggest both ideas before I read this.  

Custom point styles (different shapes and the ability to import new shapes)

Custom line styles (dashed, dotted, railroad etc)

Custom polygon styles (line styles and fill styles)

The ability to set the style based on attribute values - particularly for the "enumerated" attribute type would be super!  I am evaluating this App for an underground duct construction project for use by inspectors. The inspectors will create point features wherever there are issues. I have an enumerated field for the issue status (Open, Pending, Closed). It would be so helpful if I could link this status field to the colour of the point style (red, orange, green).  At present, I can filter the on Status field within the Attribute table to find all open issues - but I haven't found a way to filter the map display by attribute value.

1 person likes this

>The ability to set the style based on attribute values - particularly for the "enumerated" attribute type would be super! 

Yes, that's exactly our idea or goal.

> At present, I can filter the on Status field within the Attribute table to find all open issues - but I haven't found a way to filter the map display by attribute value. 

I'm sorry that isn't possible at this moment but it's on our TODO list for next months.

OMG finally, new symbols! Awesome! Thank you Guys! :O

Thank you :) But we need to still implement possibility to set the symbol based on the attribute value. Maybe in the next couple months...

2 people like this

A great step forward all the same. Thanks so much for developing this feature :)

Login or Signup to post a comment