Start a new topic
Answered

Data colector

Hello to all,

In my Locus GIS project I´ve a shapefile (type point) to colect animal species. In on of the shapefile´s field I´ve a list of species that the user most select. 

The problem is, when he´s going to colect a second point, the register of the first point still there in the field, and not a blank field.

Thanks,

Alex

Best Answer

I think that you could use 'space' as value. Like

<attribute type="ENUM">

<id>Observacao_1</id>

<label>Observacao_1</label>

<required>1</required>

<editable>0</editable>

<default> </default>

<options> |Anf-Alytes cisternasii|Anf-Alytes obstetricans|Anf-Anguis fragilis|Anf-Bufo bufo|Anf-Bufo calamita

</options>

But it isn't ideal and it isn't 'null'. We should focus on it and prepare valid solution for 'non value' option

Dear Alex,

the 'Enumeration' atribute has two modes. As default is used "last used" but you can also use any value from the list as default value. So if I understand you correctly you require as default option something like "No Value"? Basically the possibility skip such attribute and do not add any value, am I right?

Thanks, Petr

Dear Petr,

Thanks, one more time, for your help.

Ah ok!

If i understand it right, in my XML file, if i put  <default>''</default> the new data point will appear blank?

Best regards,

Alex

My xml is like this

<attribute type="ENUM">

<id>Observacao_1</id>

<required>1</required>

<editable>0</editable>

<default> </default>

<options>|Anf-Alytes cisternasii|Anf-Alytes obstetricans|Anf-Anguis fragilis|Anf-Bufo bufo|Anf-Bufo calamita

</options>

As you can see, my first value is Null (i put the | first).

How can i do the same in the Default_Value?

Answer

I think that you could use 'space' as value. Like

<attribute type="ENUM">

<id>Observacao_1</id>

<required>1</required>

<editable>0</editable>

<default> </default>

<options> |Anf-Alytes cisternasii|Anf-Alytes obstetricans|Anf-Anguis fragilis|Anf-Bufo bufo|Anf-Bufo calamita

</options>

But it isn't ideal and it isn't 'null'. We should focus on it and prepare valid solution for 'non value' option

Login or Signup to post a comment