Start a new topic
Answered

Exported CSV separation characters

Hi, I've exported a data layer to CSV, opened it, and noticed that all the columns, including Y geometry are supplied with quote marks, except for the first, X geometry. Is this on purpose, or a mistake in format?

Best Answer

Thank you for the file. There is no problem with the CSV file. Please see attached screenshot. The fields are correctly quoted in the raw csv text. I think that there is some problem when you open file in Excel. Please try to check some settings in your excel how it handle the quotation marks when it opens the CSV file.

I can also suggest to try LibreOffice where it's possible to define quotation mark during import.

Petr

OK Fine. I'm sorry but I'm not so familiar with Excel, so I can't give you better advice but for example mentioned LibreOffice opens it properly

Thank you.

Thank you! Actually, I could import csv file to QGIS properly, I just couldn't understand why is the difference on the columns with the quote marks. Perhaps there are some setting during import, as you said. Thanks again.

Answer

Thank you for the file. There is no problem with the CSV file. Please see attached screenshot. The fields are correctly quoted in the raw csv text. I think that there is some problem when you open file in Excel. Please try to check some settings in your excel how it handle the quotation marks when it opens the CSV file.

I can also suggest to try LibreOffice where it's possible to define quotation mark during import.

Petr

CSV attached, thank You!
csv
(1.07 KB)

Hi,

tried to export Tress layer from sample "Trees monitoring" as CSV, but it seems to be OK. Would you please send me your .CSV file?

Thanks, Petr

Login or Signup to post a comment