New mapping flow

In the latest bate version 0.15.0 is available completely new system for adding new features.

1 person likes this

Dear Paul,

is it possible to map points and lines at the same time. Please start the "record new line" > press back button to hide the bottom panel > tap on PLUS button > select the point layer and create the new point (the recording may still running in the background).

But it isn't possible to record two lines or two polygons at the same time.
Thanks, Petr

Following this conversation, I really wish the two button function was there to enable multiple mapping of features like in the case of road and associated features I have just highlighted. How to help me Petr Voldan?
I want to weigh in on the matter of mapping multiple features at the same time. A case in point is where one is mapping a road and along the way, he encounters a point feature which he needs to map too but does not want to stop the "record line feature" function because the road is still not reached the end. There is a pause button, but after pause, I see no ability or button to support mapping of another point or line feature to finish and then resume the mapping of the road again. Is that what the Beta version is all about? If it is, by all means, LET IT CONTINUE! I would want to have and test it please. Thank you.

You're right it would be better to create new topic. However you can set default device language to english 

I'd like to use English language only, and there are Hungarian translations as well, but I can't find language settings. Sorry, this should be a different topic.

In both of cases is point saved as multi-point geometry, but it doesn't have any impact on stored data. Regarding translation - the translations are maintained by community of users (there are some benefits for translated word). Please create private ticket if you're interested in translations and I'll send you more info. Thanks Petr

Don't know what is the English text, LGIS is half-Hungarian, half-English. Didn't even found the language settings.
Oh, I asked only because I thought that selecting "add new point" would be listed as "SINGLEPOINT" in attributes table, and "add new multipoint" would be listed as "MULTIPOINT".

All geometries are by default 'multi geometries'. Tap on PLUS button > select point layer > add one point for single point or select several points for 'multipoint'

Then it's fine, bottom "new workflow" button works just as fine. How will "add new point" and "add new multipoint" and other submenu option appear in new menu?

Dear Zvara,

we really planning to remove the left panel in some of the next version. Current "two buttons" are here only for transitional period.  Is there any complication with bottom panel, please?

Hello, I don' really understand why is there any need for two buttons  for adding features on the same screen. What was the problem with the former one? Will it be deleted after a while (hope not)?

As to myself, I was completely satisfyed with the old way of adding features. It wouldn't even be a problem if the new workflow took the old one's place, as both do the job just as well. I just don't feel the necessity for two buttons with the same purpose (but with dfferent workflow).

Don't take my claim as a negative critic, You are still the best out there, with the best mobile GIS app!

Login or Signup to post a comment